<img src="http://www.kayleighskloset.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/kayleigh-50-scaled.jpg" alt width="1704" height="2560" class="aligncenter size-full wp-image-12856" srcset="http://www.kayleighskloset.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/kayleigh-50-scaled.jpg 1704w, http://www.kayleighskloset.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/kayleigh-50-426×640.jpg 426w, http://www.kayleighskloset.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/kayleigh-50-682×1024.jpg 682w, http://www.kayleighskloset.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/kayleigh-50-768×1154.jpg 768w, http://www.kayleighskloset.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/kayleigh-50-1022×1536.jpg 1022w, http://www.kayleighskloset.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/kayleigh-50-1363×2048.jpg 1363w" sizes="(max-width: 1704px) 100vw, 1704px" data-jpibfi-post-excerpt="
” data-jpibfi-post-url=”http://www.kayleighskloset.com/2020/01/2020-fitness-goals.html” data-jpibfi-post-title=”2020 Fitness Goals” data-jpibfi-src=”http://www.kayleighskloset.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/kayleigh-50-scaled.jpg”>
Photos by Laurel Creative.
<img src="http://www.kayleighskloset.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/kayleigh-51-scaled.jpg" alt width="1704" height="2560" class="aligncenter size-full wp-image-12857" srcset="http://www.kayleighskloset.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/kayleigh-51-scaled.jpg 1704w, http://www.kayleighskloset.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/kayleigh-51-426×640.jpg 426w, http://www.kayleighskloset.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/kayleigh-51-682×1024.jpg 682w, http://www.kayleighskloset.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/kayleigh-51-768×1154.jpg 768w, http://www.kayleighskloset.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/kayleigh-51-1022×1536.jpg 1022w, http://www.kayleighskloset.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/kayleigh-51-1363×2048.jpg 1363w" sizes="(max-width: 1704px) 100vw, 1704px" data-jpibfi-post-excerpt="
” data-jpibfi-post-url=”http://www.kayleighskloset.com/2020/01/2020-fitness-goals.html” data-jpibfi-post-title=”2020 Fitness Goals” data-jpibfi-src=”http://www.kayleighskloset.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/kayleigh-51-scaled.jpg”>
<img src="http://www.kayleighskloset.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/kayleigh-52-scaled.jpg" alt width="1704" height="2560" class="aligncenter size-full wp-image-12858" srcset="http://www.kayleighskloset.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/kayleigh-52-scaled.jpg 1704w, http://www.kayleighskloset.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/kayleigh-52-426×640.jpg 426w, http://www.kayleighskloset.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/kayleigh-52-682×1024.jpg 682w, http://www.kayleighskloset.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/kayleigh-52-768×1154.jpg 768w, http://www.kayleighskloset.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/kayleigh-52-1022×1536.jpg 1022w, http://www.kayleighskloset.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/kayleigh-52-1363×2048.jpg 1363w" sizes="(max-width: 1704px) 100vw, 1704px" data-jpibfi-post-excerpt="
” data-jpibfi-post-url=”http://www.kayleighskloset.com/2020/01/2020-fitness-goals.html” data-jpibfi-post-title=”2020 Fitness Goals” data-jpibfi-src=”http://www.kayleighskloset.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/kayleigh-52-scaled.jpg”>
<img src="http://www.kayleighskloset.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/kayleigh-53-scaled.jpg" alt width="1704" height="2560" class="aligncenter size-full wp-image-12859" srcset="http://www.kayleighskloset.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/kayleigh-53-scaled.jpg 1704w, http://www.kayleighskloset.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/kayleigh-53-426×640.jpg 426w, http://www.kayleighskloset.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/kayleigh-53-682×1024.jpg 682w, http://www.kayleighskloset.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/kayleigh-53-768×1154.jpg 768w, http://www.kayleighskloset.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/kayleigh-53-1022×1536.jpg 1022w, http://www.kayleighskloset.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/kayleigh-53-1363×2048.jpg 1363w" sizes="(max-width: 1704px) 100vw, 1704px" data-jpibfi-post-excerpt="
” data-jpibfi-post-url=”http://www.kayleighskloset.com/2020/01/2020-fitness-goals.html” data-jpibfi-post-title=”2020 Fitness Goals” data-jpibfi-src=”http://www.kayleighskloset.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/kayleigh-53-scaled.jpg”>
<img src="http://www.kayleighskloset.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/kayleigh-54-scaled.jpg" alt width="1704" height="2560" class="aligncenter size-full wp-image-12860" srcset="http://www.kayleighskloset.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/kayleigh-54-scaled.jpg 1704w, http://www.kayleighskloset.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/kayleigh-54-426×640.jpg 426w, http://www.kayleighskloset.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/kayleigh-54-682×1024.jpg 682w, http://www.kayleighskloset.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/kayleigh-54-768×1154.jpg 768w, http://www.kayleighskloset.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/kayleigh-54-1022×1536.jpg 1022w, http://www.kayleighskloset.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/kayleigh-54-1363×2048.jpg 1363w" sizes="(max-width: 1704px) 100vw, 1704px" data-jpibfi-post-excerpt="
” data-jpibfi-post-url=”http://www.kayleighskloset.com/2020/01/2020-fitness-goals.html” data-jpibfi-post-title=”2020 Fitness Goals” data-jpibfi-src=”http://www.kayleighskloset.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/kayleigh-54-scaled.jpg”>
Happy Thursday y’all! It has been such a crazy week and I cannot wait for it to be over! Anyone else feel like vacation was YEARS ago?! With the new year kicking off (or I guess, now being in full swing with the half-way mark for January passing) I wanted to use todays post to round up my fitness goals for 2020.
If you’ve been here over the last year, you’ll know that I grew an affinity for Barry’s Bootcamp and actually maintained losing a decent amount of weight in 2019 (full post HERE). However, the biggest component of weightloss and being in shape is being consistent and it’s safe to say I definitely was NOT consistent with my work out routine in 2019. In order to hold myself accountable throughout the year and avoid any crazy sort of crash dieting/manic workouts the month before Memorial Day, here are my fitness goals to maintain a healthy lifestyle.
I kicked off the year partnering with ClassPass to share different work outs and studios I’m loving in the city and I couldn’t be more pleased with the app! My membership has 160 credits per month and I’ve been able to take 7 classes thus far and will likely fit in 2 more by the end of the month. ClassPass is an app that let’s you book local work outs/classes and even wellness services using credits you pay for on a monthly basis. Each studio or service ranges in credits, especially based on peak class times (for instance, Barry’s Bootcamp is 23 credits whereas Fhitting Room is 13 credits). Through the app I was able to not only find a Solidcore (pilates) studio 5 blocks from my apartment, but I’ve been able to fit last minute work outs in at the end of the day – game changer when the day ends up being brutal and you just need to let off some steam.
You can receive your first month of ClassPass FREE when you sign up HERE. ClassPass is available in so many cities and you can use your credits while traveling, SUCH a game changer!
Alright now let’s get back into my goals shall we? I’ve separated them into two categories: short term vs. long term. Short term is obviously within the next few months leading up to summer/Memorial Day and long term is throughout the year.
Long Term Goals:
1. Lose 20 pounds through exercise and healthy food choices. So technically according to Google I’m considered overweight… I never really liked to go by numbers but since I got a scale this summer and have occasionally checked I’ve noticed more how those number play into your day to day. My goal is to lose 20 pounds over the next year and if I think it through that’s basically 2 pounds per month! Again, consistency will play the most part here.
2. Work out 3-5 times a week. What I’ve learned is that I really do enjoy some classes that are low intensity but focus on muscle training (i.e. pilates) compared to sprinting at a 12 for 20 minutes. I also like working out early on in the week and on the weekends so it’s done and over with, so I hope to keep this up with ClassPass’s help offering so many studios and pointing out those nearby home. It’s going to be key to get some movement in every week! Once I’m into a routine I feel like it will just become necessary.
3. SMARTLY/STRATEGICALLY budget my work out. It’s safe to say Barry’s got the best of my no-show fee money in 2019 and I want to avoid that this year. Rather than making commitment style membership decisions where there are no-show or cancellation fees involved, I want to be smarter and more realistic about my booking process. This will involve setting last minute alarms to cancel should I change my mind, including the cost breakdown in my monthly expense cell, and taking advantage of studios that are looking to work with bloggers for exposure (something I’ve personally never done before).
4. Drink more water! We all know water is key but it’s so hard to try and get as much as you’re supposed to on a daily basis. I recently got a water bottle triple the size of my head that’s a gallon and gives you a time to have each section complete. Game changer! (Shop the water bottle HERE).
Shot Term Goals:
1. Try Orange Theory to see if it actually is worth the hype and how it compares to Barry’s. Let’s be real, EVERYONE loves OTF and I have yet to try it. Since I have Plantars and have really been struggling with running lately, I want to try it and see if the bike/rower can actually do for me what they’ve done for everyone else. My only concern is that I can’t find NYC pricing online (yes, I know I can just call but #lazyandbusyAF) so I’m worried it’s outrageous.
2. Target more strength training classes leading up to summer to tone my arms. My arms are something I’ve always been self conscious about. Towards the end of my junior year of college is when weight really started to transfer there and I really don’t even like wearing tank tops and sleeveless dresses. My goal is to try more HIIT classes focuses on upper body so that I can tone those arm muscles.
3. Find a work out I truly become passionate about. Honestly I always love the comparison of before/after pictures when I’m at my all-time-workout-high, but I’ve never found any sort of work out that I’ve been like WOW I can’t get by without this. Hopefully once I build up some strength I’ll be able to try out more classes and find one that really clicks!
4. Get into a solid weekly routine. Since my long term goal is to work out 3-5 times a week, my short term is to find that routine that works best with my schedule. For instance, this week I’ve been going to evening classes because I’ve had so much anxiety I can’t sleep (and therefore know I won’t wake up early to run or lift), so really trying to hone in on a consistent weekly rotation whether it’s all mornings one week and all evenings the next or a mix of the two.
What are some of your fitness goals for 2020? If you have any class recommendations or questions about ClassPass don’t hesitate to reach out! Have a great day y’all and thanks for reading!
Please Support this blogger by visiting their page. If you are the original poster and want this content removed, please contact us. All original Affiliate links are unedited to give credit to creator.